Give and receive support.
Love. Be loved.
Continue surrounding yourself with good people and meaningful relationships. Fill up your “connection containers” and live a longer, healthier life.
This isn’t just touchy-feely stuff. This is back by facts! There are countless studies that show the healthy effects of being in relationship and increasing connection with others.
What’s something you can do today to grow your connections
and love bigger?
Here are some simple, fun ways to increase your connections and love just a little bit more….
- Join a meetup group doing something you love.
- Ask a co-worker or neighbor (someone with whom you’ve had minimal interaction) to go have a coffee or tea.
- Reach out to someone in your social media network who you haven’t talked to in a while and plan a FaceTime or Skype “catch up” (or meet them in person!).
- Host a wine and cheese party and invite people you’ve considered “acquaintances” up until now.
- Reach out to a friend and share, be vulnerable, really connect. Offer support.
- Volunteer for a cause that’s near and dear to your heart. You’ll meet other like-minded individuals and you’ll make a difference in the world at the same time!
- Go to a networking event and challenge yourself to meet as many people as you can.
- Engage in a “real conversation” with your local barista, bus driver, bank teller, or even a stranger. I know, it sounds crazy…but strangers are just human beings (I think sometimes we forget that). Plus, you’re being altruistic by giving them a chance to connect and help enhance their longevity too.
We have infinite capacity to connect and love.
Love abundantly! Your heart will thank you!
P.S. Another great place to make connections is in the free, private MindBodyWise Living Room. You’re invited…hope to see you there!
P.P.S. How strong is your mind-body connection? Take this free quiz to find out…