Use this meditation to crack your heart wide open.
Below is a complimentary life-affirming, heart-warming guided meditation that is near and dear to my heart. This meditation also scientifically proven to benefit you on many levels.
Here are just some of the benefits of the Loving Kindness Meditation:
- Increases positive emotions (including: love, joy, gratitude, contentment, pride, hope, amusement, interest and awe), according to this study.
- Decreases symptoms of PTSD, according to this study.
- Lowers self-criticism and increase self-compassion, according to this study.
- Decreases chronic back pain, anger and migraines, according to this study and this study
- Fosters acceptance, love and empathy for others, according to this study.
- Improves social connection, according to this study.
A Personal Story
The first time I experienced this meditation was with a group of 35 people from all over the world who had gathered in Costa Rica for a personal development/business development program. We’d all only met two days before. Our soulful leader, Jonathan Fields of the Good Life Project, led us through this beautiful meditation.
I will never forget — it was a bright, slightly cool morning. In front of us, there was a panoramic view of the cloud-capped mountains and all around us were amazing leaders and a carefully cultivated group of people who were…and still are…helping others create lives of significance all over the planet.
By the end of the meditation, half of the room was in tears. There were a lot of hugs. And I could swear that I saw love spilling out of the room into the mountains, merging with clouds and streaming out into the universe (at least that’s how I like to remember it).
This meditation is about cultivating love. This meditation is about embodying love.
This meditation is about being a beacon of love.
May you be happy.
May you be healthy.
May you be loved.
May you live with ease.